Friday 26 October 2012

...New Shoes...

Normally a twitter post, facebook comment/status update or new blog post at 2.48am would mean a fairly drawn out piece of writing proclaiming how crap it is to be an insomnia sufferer... 
 
 
 
 
however...this type of overactive thought induced sleep deprivation...I can cope with! I am quite possibly overtired. It's been a very long day within which I could not have crammed  any more chores or activities if I had tried! Nail appointment, doctors appointment, a trip to Sutton Runner to buy the above beauties, a trip to the carwash, a trip to the pharmacy, the school run, a brief sweep of the house, feeding of urchins, halloween disco preparations, followed by attending of said disco with urchins in tow where I tried out my skills in the tuck shop..donning a very attractive blue rubber glove serving hoards of gruesome children (and I say that in the nicest possible way) with Freddy Frogs, and various other sugar loaded timebombs to send them into one very hot room of what I can only describe as mayhem, masked by disco lights!
And that's not all...post disco.....herd urchins out into into the car, quick zip home..pick up dog, kids suitcase and other kid paraphernalia, then an hours trip to drop urchins and dog off at my mums for halfterm so I could then, drive back, pack a suitcase for myself to finally be able to crawl into bed awaiting for the alarm to go off at 4am and get up, ready to embark on a very exciting holiday/honeymoon in the form of a cruise!

There....has that made you tired?! No!

Well, that was my 'active rest day'!

A very important part of a training schedule, rest and recover whilst still being active. I think we can comfortably say I achieved that, so, normally today would be a training day and I would now be extremely pissed off to be sitting here at this ungodly hour typing away, however as already mentioned...it's holiday time! I'm relaxed, I'm going off leaving the UK when snow is beginning to hit many parts of the country so I couldn't feel any warmer inside...it's strange to have packed trackies and trainers for a honeymoon but training won't just stop for a week because I have a holiday, not for something which will be so intense. I think the enormity of the challenge at hand really dawned on me as I was driving home from Shropshire. I arrived at the point of turning onto the motorway and noticed it was exactly 26 miles to home which takes just under an hour.......by car!!!
I didn't panic, I just got serious..a marathon deserves respect...I may joke along the way to keep my sanity but let there be no doubt that I am VERY focused, I am VERY serious and I am VERY determined!

With that said I will go and make use of my early waking and make sure the house is left in a reasonable state of affairs so walking back in feels homely and welcoming rather than like a huge big slap in the face of returning to reality!

Happy half-term holiday bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment